I would love to take a moment to introduce myself.
I live in Queensland, Australia and at the moment the Jacaranda trees are blooming which looks amazing. For all those at university it signals the need to have started studying!!
A few points about me:
• I have four children (17, 15, 13 and 11), whom are my greatest teachers, greatest cheerleaders and greatest ‘button pushers’.
• I have been a speech pathologist for 24 years.
• I have always worked with children and their families.
• I have two dogs, 3 cats, 10 chickens and over the years we have had rats (they were terrifyingly large), mice (they were not as cuddly as my daughter had hoped), and fish. At one point we had 7 cats when the kitten we re-homed declared she was pregnant. That was a wonderful experience for us all and cat mummas are extraordinary.
• We try hard to live and work in close proximity to each other.
• I love online courses especially in relation to business and food. I have realized I love learning. Action taking not always my strong point and I am working on that.
• My family once walked 64km in 4 days when we walked the Overland track in Tasmania. This was a life changing experience and I was by far our weakest link.
• I believe that all care should be person centered and so for me that means the child and family are front and centre. Our family has been on the receiving end of extraordinary care as well as ordinary care. When it is delivered from the place of where we were at it was hands down the better and richer experience.
• I am developing Small Connections to be an online Speech Pathology portal. Where you can feel heard and receive information you need to be making decisions regarding your young child’s communication development. I see it as a triage space.
• I will not see people in a physical location, only in the online space.
• I believe groups offer wonderful learning opportunities. Someone always has the same question as you and it is nice to feel you are not alone in your thoughts and concerns.
I am offering 4 spaces for one on one work in October. If this is for you then please head to this page.
It is school holidays here in Queensland. I love school holidays. I love the relaxation of routines. My kids have been indoctrinated with the ‘we go nowhere and do nothing’ until you can get along when bored. I also think boredom for kids is critical!